* mail-source can display your password...
@ 2002-08-30 18:24 Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-08-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have

(pop :server "localhost" :port 2022
                          :user "username" :password "password")

there is ssh port-forwarding running on localhost port 2022. When there is
no ssh running, mail-source.el does:

		    (unless (yes-or-no-p
			     (format "Mail source %s error (%s).  Continue? "
				     source
				     (cadr err)))
		      (error "Cannot get new mail"))

And happily displays my password on the screen. I do not want other people
think that I'm dumb as hell and wrote my passwords in cleartext to files on
my system :-))

Please remove :password from the displayed text if it is present.
--
Pavel Janík

Use free-form input when possible.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-30 18:24 UTC | newest]