* Bug with topic-mode article count
@ 1999-12-12 19:55 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-12 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

By default, each topic in gnus displays the total number of articles
in its groups.  As you kill each group under the topic, the count
decrements accordingly *except* when you kill the last group under the
topic -- in that case, the article count doesn't decrement at all.  Is
this a bug in gnus, or is it doing this for a reason?  I'm using the
current CVS version of gnus 5.8.3.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul        /\/  "...i saw your girlfriend and she's eating her
emerick@cs.bu.edu    /\/   fingers like they're just another meal."
------------------------------------------------- 'summer babe', pavement

* Re: Bug with topic-mode article count
@ 2000-04-21 18:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> By default, each topic in gnus displays the total number of articles
> in its groups.  As you kill each group under the topic, the count
> decrements accordingly *except* when you kill the last group under the
> topic -- in that case, the article count doesn't decrement at all.

Is this still the case?

* Re: Bug with topic-mode article count
@ 2000-04-22  2:19   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2000-04-22  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

: Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:
:: By default, each topic in gnus displays the total number of articles
:: in its groups.  As you kill each group under the topic, the count
:: decrements accordingly *except* when you kill the last group under the
:: topic -- in that case, the article count doesn't decrement at all.

: Is this still the case?

Yes, this still happens with 5.8.5.  You can test it by creating a
topic with only one group (with unread articles).  If you kill the
group, the article count in the topic doesn't change (not until you
hit 'g', anyway).

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul         /\/  "the doctor smiles terribly.  'i am referring
emerick@cs.bu.edu     /\/   your case directly to the coroner.'"
------------------------------------- 'naked lunch', william s. burroughs

* Re: Bug with topic-mode article count
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-10 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> Yes, this still happens with 5.8.5.  You can test it by creating a
> topic with only one group (with unread articles).  If you kill the
> group, the article count in the topic doesn't change (not until you
> hit 'g', anyway).

Yup.  Fix in Gnus v5.8.8.