* Wide replys and Cc's
@ 2000-03-07 19:38 Jussi Yli-Urpo
From: Jussi Yli-Urpo @ 2000-03-07 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

has anyone else ever needed to send wide replys so that the
persons on 'To' list stays there and persons on 'Cc' list
stays there. Now Gnus always moves all people (but not me of
course) from 'To' list to 'Cc' list and keeps only the
author of original mail in 'To' header.

So for example when replying to following message:

From: Mike
To: Jussi, Bill
Cc: Jack

then the headers of my reply should look like:

From: Jussi
To: Mike, Bill
Cc: Jack

At them moment wide reply will always move also Bill to 'Cc'
list and I have to move it back manually in order to keep
the 'To' and 'Cc' lists as they were. Maybe this should be a
own type of reply function because in some cases current
wide reply is just OK.

Regards,
Jussi.

* Re: Wide replys and Cc's
@ 2000-04-20 19:31 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jussi Yli-Urpo <jmy@h32.erkki.ton.tut.fi> writes:

> has anyone else ever needed to send wide replys so that the
> persons on 'To' list stays there and persons on 'Cc' list
> stays there. Now Gnus always moves all people (but not me of
> course) from 'To' list to 'Cc' list and keeps only the
> author of original mail in 'To' header.

Message takes the position that there should only be one entity in the
To header, and all the rest should go into the Cc header.  It makes
certain things nicer (like, for instance, having To in the
gnus-extra-header stuff).