* Can't specify posting-styles with reply
@ 1998-10-09  2:11 Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 1998-10-09  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I finally get my hand wet with gnus-posting-styles and it does most of the
thing (thanks Lars!) I want to do except this: when I am in the summary
buffer and want to compose/reply/forward a message, I cannot explicitly
specify the posting style I want (like C-u 1 gnus-group-mail). I know I can
do "^nnfolder:Active" in gnus-posting-styles, but this doesn't solve the
problem since I like to have different signature (and headers) for replying
different articles.

By reading the code, I don't see why gnus-summary-*-reply-*,
gnus-summary-mail-*, etc... can't use C-u 1 to specify posting styles.

Does this sound useful?  I can probably make the change if needed.

Or there are already ways to do the same thing?
--
 Danny Dick-Fung Siu        mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
 Acrobat Engineering @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: Can't specify posting-styles with reply
@ 1998-10-10 22:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-10 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Danny Siu <dsiu@Adobe.COM> writes:

> I finally get my hand wet with gnus-posting-styles and it does most of the
> thing (thanks Lars!) I want to do except this: when I am in the summary
> buffer and want to compose/reply/forward a message, I cannot explicitly
> specify the posting style I want (like C-u 1 gnus-group-mail). I know I can
> do "^nnfolder:Active" in gnus-posting-styles, but this doesn't solve the
> problem since I like to have different signature (and headers) for replying
> different articles.

Your posting styles can check the `message-this-is-news' and
`message-this-is-mail' variables.

> By reading the code, I don't see why gnus-summary-*-reply-*,
> gnus-summary-mail-*, etc... can't use C-u 1 to specify posting styles.

These commands use the process/prefix, so that's not doable.