* gnus hangs on \C-g when
@ 1997-10-26  1:45 Karl Anderson
From: Karl Anderson @ 1997-10-26  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have had Gnus hang on me twice.  Both occasions occured when I
started checking for new news from the group buffer, then realized
that my PPP link had been down & up again, & attempted to cancel with
\C-g.  No response, no Emacs activity on the screen or in top output.
I killed my Emacs process after 4 or so minutes.

Usually \C-g'ing at this time isn't a problem.

Gnus v5.5; nntp 5.0; nnvirtual 1.1; nnml 1.0; nnfolder 1.0

--
Karl Anderson      kra@pobox.com      <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~kra/>

* Re: gnus hangs on \C-g when
@ 1997-11-05 12:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-11-05 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Anderson <kra@pobox.com> writes:

> I have had Gnus hang on me twice.  Both occasions occured when I
> started checking for new news from the group buffer, then realized
> that my PPP link had been down & up again, & attempted to cancel with
> \C-g.  No response, no Emacs activity on the screen or in top output.
> I killed my Emacs process after 4 or so minutes.

I've heard of this a few times now.  It seems like Emacs will hang on
certain network conditions, but this is really something for the Emacs
maintainers to deal with.