* Removing parts of messages
@ 1999-02-15 18:31 Toni Drabik
From: Toni Drabik @ 1999-02-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is it possible to remove MIME attachments from message without
deleting the message itself?

For example, if someone sends me an image, I'd like to save that image
to file, and then remove it from my mailbox, leaving the textual body
of message intact.

--
Warning: This article may be fatal if swallowed.
Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr> * <URL:http//public.srce.hr/~tdrabik/>

* Re: Removing parts of messages
@ 1999-02-15 19:22 ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-02-15 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr> writes:

> Is it possible to remove MIME attachments from message without
> deleting the message itself?
>
> For example, if someone sends me an image, I'd like to save that image
> to file, and then remove it from my mailbox, leaving the textual body
> of message intact.

Yes, I think this is possible in 0.76, at least.  You can edit the
message (with e), which converts it to MML.  Then delete the image,
and save the message (with C-cC-c).