* double SELECT again
@ 2010-12-21 15:59 James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2010-12-21 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I just noticed that when running M-g on a nnimap group will sometimes
run SELECT twice in a row.  I did not see a double SELECT in cases where
the Group buffer unread count remained constant after M-g.  But in those
cases where, post M-g, the unread count changed strace showed that SELECT
was done twice:

90941 SELECT "gnash-dev@gnu.org"

* 9 EXISTS
* 9 RECENT
* FLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Deleted \Flagged \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Deleted \Flagged \Draft)]
* OK [UIDNEXT 1384] Predicted next UID
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 30194] UID value
* OK [UNSEEN 1] first unseen message
90941 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed

90942 SELECT "gnash-dev@gnu.org"

* 9 EXISTS
* 9 RECENT
* FLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Deleted \Flagged \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Deleted \Flagged \Draft)]
* OK [UIDNEXT 1384] Predicted next UID
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 30194] UID value
* OK [UNSEEN 1] first unseen message
90942 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed

90943 UID FETCH 1:* FLAGS

* 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1375)
* 2 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1376)
* 3 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1377)
* 4 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1378)
* 5 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1379)
* 6 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1380)
* 7 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1381)
* 8 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1382)
* 9 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent) UID 1383)
90943 OK UID FETCH completed

(I added a blank line between each write(2) and read(2).)

(Manually converted from strace(1) ouput.)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

* Re: double SELECT again
@ 2011-01-02  6:36 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-02  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:

> I just noticed that when running M-g on a nnimap group will sometimes
> run SELECT twice in a row.  I did not see a double SELECT in cases where
> the Group buffer unread count remained constant after M-g.  But in those
> cases where, post M-g, the unread count changed strace showed that SELECT
> was done twice:

I think this should now be fixed.