* Check secondary servers in server buffer?
@ 2003-06-23 14:28 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-23 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some people see duplicate servers (eg, "nnimap:du" twice) in their
server buffer.  One of them is a bogus server.  It was created
automatically when some groups had the wrong select method.

The obvious method to find out which one is the right one is to hit
`e', but `e' on the secondary server (from (add-to-list
'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "du"
...parameters.snipped...))) doesn't give any useful data because
secondary servers cannot be edited.

WIBNI there was a command to at least see the parameters of such
secondary servers?

Also it would be nifty if Gnus could prevent such duplicate servers
somehow.  Ideas?
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Check secondary servers in server buffer?
@ 2003-06-23 23:41 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-06-23 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Some people see duplicate servers (eg, "nnimap:du" twice) in their
> server buffer.  One of them is a bogus server.  It was created
> automatically when some groups had the wrong select method.

I'm kinda wondering at the utility of listing these "known", but
uneditable servers in the server buffer.  I think it might make sense
not to display them by default.

On the other hand, I do sometimes `D' a secondary server if it's
sufficiently annoying.  So perhaps that's not a good idea.

> The obvious method to find out which one is the right one is to hit
> `e', but `e' on the secondary server (from (add-to-list
> 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "du"
> ...parameters.snipped...))) doesn't give any useful data because
> secondary servers cannot be edited.
>
> WIBNI there was a command to at least see the parameters of such
> secondary servers?

Yes, that might be nice.

> Also it would be nifty if Gnus could prevent such duplicate servers
> somehow.  Ideas?

Uhm...  it could at least rename the servers in some strange, but
wonderful manner.