* Article marked for downloading when plugged?
@ 2003-01-07 22:40 Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2003-01-07 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

This has happened to me twice now:  I enter a group and try to read an
article and it gets marked with a % sign even though I am plugged.  I
have to 'J s' to access this article.  Other articles in the group can
be accessed without problem.

-Nevin

* Missing/non-existent articles in the summary buffer (was Re: Article marked for downloading when plugged?)
@ 2003-01-08 20:12 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2003-01-08 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> This has happened to me twice now:  I enter a group and try to read an
> article and it gets marked with a % sign even though I am plugged.  I
> have to 'J s' to access this article.  Other articles in the group can
> be accessed without problem.

Some additional information: the offending article has been moved from
the original nnimap group to another imap group.  However Gnus seems
to think that it still exists in the original group.  Even now it
appears in the Summary buffer when the group is entered with C-u SPC.

A possibly related problem:  some articles that I *know* are in the
nnimap group are not showing up when Gnus selects the group.  I enter
the group with C-u SPC and the article is not shown in the Summary
buffer.  With another IMAP client, accessing the same group the
article can be seen.  I can even get to the article with 'j' but it
refuses to show up in the Summary buffer.

Weird.  Something to do with the agent/cache?

-Nevin

* Re: Missing/non-existent articles in the summary buffer
@ 2003-01-09  4:35   ` kgreiner
From: kgreiner @ 2003-01-09  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
>> This has happened to me twice now:  I enter a group and try to read an
>> article and it gets marked with a % sign even though I am plugged.  I
>> have to 'J s' to access this article.  Other articles in the group can
>> be accessed without problem.
>
> Some additional information: the offending article has been moved from
> the original nnimap group to another imap group.  However Gnus seems
> to think that it still exists in the original group.  Even now it
> appears in the Summary buffer when the group is entered with C-u SPC.
>
> A possibly related problem:  some articles that I *know* are in the
> nnimap group are not showing up when Gnus selects the group.  I enter
> the group with C-u SPC and the article is not shown in the Summary
> buffer.  With another IMAP client, accessing the same group the
> article can be seen.  I can even get to the article with 'j' but it
> refuses to show up in the Summary buffer.
>
> Weird.  Something to do with the agent/cache?

Try turning the agent off for this IMAP server. Then open the summary
buffer.  If the problems go away then yes, it has something to do with
the agent.

Kevin

* Re: Missing/non-existent articles in the summary buffer
@ 2003-01-09 15:07     ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2003-01-09 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com writes:

> Try turning the agent off for this IMAP server. Then open the summary
> buffer.  If the problems go away then yes, it has something to do with
> the agent.

It definitely has something to do with the agent.  Here's an excerpt
from the agentized summary buffer:

O    Wed     [xxxxxxx Y. xxxxxxx    ] kazaa or kazza
OA   Wed   2+[xxxxxx XXXXXXX       ] Interested in research
O    Wed    `-> [-> xxxxxx XXXXXXX       ]
O    Wed     [Xxxxxxx Yyyyy       ] Re: Application for postdoctoral membership
O    Wed     [Xxxxxx Yyyyyy       ] Application Acknowledgement
OA   Wed   5+[xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.edu] party
O    Wed   4`-> [-> xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.]

And here's the same excerpt from the non-agentized summary buffer:

O    Wed     [xxxxxx Y. xxxxxx    ] kazaa or kazza
O    Wed     [-> Xxx Yyyy         ] More letters (probably last set)
OA   Wed   2+[xxxxxx xxxxxx       ] Interested in research
O    Wed    `-> [-> xxxxxx xxxxxx    ]
O    Wed     [-> ding@gnus.org    ] Re: %C in gnus-summary-line-format.
OA   Wed   5+[xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.edu] party
O    Wed   4`-> [-> xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.]

As you can see some articles are in one and not in the other and
vice-versa.

Is there a command for the agent to regenerate its data?

@ 2003-01-09 17:23       ` kgreiner
From: kgreiner @ 2003-01-09 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com writes:
>
>> Try turning the agent off for this IMAP server. Then open the summary
>> buffer.  If the problems go away then yes, it has something to do with
>> the agent.
>
> It definitely has something to do with the agent.  Here's an excerpt
> from the agentized summary buffer:

> O    Wed     [xxxxxxx Y. xxxxxxx    ] kazaa or kazza
> OA   Wed   2+[xxxxxx XXXXXXX       ] Interested in research
> O    Wed    `-> [-> xxxxxx XXXXXXX       ]
> O    Wed     [Xxxxxxx Yyyyy       ] Re: Application for postdoctoral membership
> O    Wed     [Xxxxxx Yyyyyy       ] Application Acknowledgement
> OA   Wed   5+[xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.edu] party
> O    Wed   4`-> [-> xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.]
>
> And here's the same excerpt from the non-agentized summary buffer:

> O    Wed     [xxxxxx Y. xxxxxx    ] kazaa or kazza
> O    Wed     [-> Xxx Yyyy         ] More letters (probably last set)
> OA   Wed   2+[xxxxxx xxxxxx       ] Interested in research
> O    Wed    `-> [-> xxxxxx xxxxxx    ]
> O    Wed     [-> ding@gnus.org    ] Re: %C in gnus-summary-line-format.
> OA   Wed   5+[xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.edu] party
> O    Wed   4`-> [-> xxxxxxxx@yyy.jhu.]
>
> As you can see some articles are in one and not in the other and
> vice-versa.
>
> Is there a command for the agent to regenerate its data?

You can use the gnus-agent-regenerate command to regenerate all agentized groups.

Alternatively, you can regenerate in a single group using the function
gnus-agent-regenerate-group.

M-: (gnus-agent-regenerate-group "group.name")

Kevin