* Find parent - and lose it
@ 2000-03-05 14:19 Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-03-05 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I use to Gcc: all my Usenet postings in a nnfolder group. If I enter
that group, display a posting and press `^', Gnus gives me the parent
of that article, using the nntp backend. If that article has further
references, moving up with `^' is gives me more parents (uhh...
grandparents).

But if I choose one of those fetched parent articles with the cursor
keys an display it with `RET', Gnus barks at me: "No such article (may
have expired or been canceled)" and marks the (previously fetched
article) as deleted/unexistent.

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz -*- rscholz@tzi.de -*- http://www.tzi.de/~rscholz/
FB 3 Informatik, Universität Bremen -*- PGP key available via WWW

* Re: Find parent - and lose it
@ 2000-04-20 19:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@tzi.de> writes:

> But if I choose one of those fetched parent articles with the cursor
> keys an display it with `RET', Gnus barks at me: "No such article (may
> have expired or been canceled)" and marks the (previously fetched
> article) as deleted/unexistent.

Oh, dear.  For me it tries to contact Deja the second time around.
*fiddle fiddle fiddle*  Golly; the code in there didn't make any sense
at all.  It should work again in a few jiffies...