* losing expirable mark after move
@ 2011-01-09  9:31 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-01-09  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

When moving a message from one group to another, the expirable mark gets
lost, even with gnus-preserve-marks = t.

Is this wanted or a bug?  How can I keep the expirable mark when moving?

TIA for any help!
--
Peter Münster

Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: losing expirable mark after move
@ 2011-01-09 13:14 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2011-01-09 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

pmlists@free.fr (Peter Münster) wrote:
> When moving a message from one group to another, the expirable mark gets
> lost, even with gnus-preserve-marks = t.

> Is this wanted or a bug?  How can I keep the expirable mark when moving?

(info "(gnus)Expiring Mail")
   The expirable marks of articles will be removed when copying or
moving them to a group in which auto-expire is not turned on.  This is
for preventing articles from being expired unintentionally.  On the
other hand, to a group that has turned auto-expire on, the expirable
marks of articles that are copied or moved will not be changed by
default.  I.e., when copying or moving to such a group, articles that
were expirable will be left expirable and ones that were not expirable
will not be marked as expirable.  So, even though in auto-expire
groups, some articles will never get expired (unless you read them
again).  If you don't side with that behavior that unexpirable articles
may be mixed into auto-expire groups, you can set
`gnus-mark-copied-or-moved-articles-as-expirable' to a non-`nil' value.
In that case, articles that have been read will be marked as expirable
automatically when being copied or moved to a group that has
auto-expire turned on.  The default value is `nil'.

* gnus-manual-a4.pdf out of date (was: Re: losing expirable mark after move)
@ 2011-01-09 13:51   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-01-09 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> (info "(gnus)Expiring Mail")
>    The expirable marks of articles will be removed when copying or
> moving them to a group in which auto-expire is not turned on.

Thanks!

That means, that http://gnus.org/documents/gnus-manual-a4.pdf is out of
date...

--