* Article editinge with nnimap
@ 2003-04-27 21:52 Julien Avarre
From: Julien Avarre @ 2003-04-27 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi every ones,

When I push  `e' in the summary mode, il  edits the current's article.
I  use  this feature  with  _nnmail_ and  _nnmbox_.  But  I have  recently
migrated to an  IMAP connection. This feature is  not working anymore.

Could you tell if is due to my IMAP server or to _nnimap_ which
doesn't implement that feature ?

It's written :

``gnus-summary-edit-article:  The current  newsgroup does  not support
article editing´´

Thanx,

--
Julien ``Eole'' Avarre
julien at avarre dot com

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Article editinge with nnimap
@ 2003-04-28  5:14 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-28  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Avarre <julien@avarre.com> writes:

> When I push  `e' in the summary mode, il  edits the current's article.
> I  use  this feature  with  _nnmail_ and  _nnmbox_.  But  I have  recently
> migrated to an  IMAP connection. This feature is  not working anymore.

IMAP does not support article editing.  It has been suggested to
delete the old article and to insert a new article into the group as
a workaround, but nobody has implemented that workaround.

Would you like to try?

gnus-summary-edit-article could check if the backend supports article
editing.  If not, it deletes the old article and runs
gnus-request-accept-article when the user does C-c C-c.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: Article editinge with nnimap
@ 2003-04-28  6:48 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-04-28  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)