* I'm like a noob :)
@ 2003-03-13 23:09 Xavier MAILLARD
From: Xavier MAILLARD @ 2003-03-13 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: zedek, maillaxa

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Hi,

As it makes a while now that I am confused with this, I ask you here
how to solve what seems to be a noob problem.

In my group buffer let say I have a group named 'nnml:test' with a
number of articles of 1000.
Each time I enter this group I am prompted to enter the number of
messages I want to retrieve. I know I did put the limit to something of
5000 (I know it is big) before being prompted. What is annoying me is
that the number set by default at prompt time is really huge (about
27000 articles).

So why in the group buffer I only have 1000 articles
fetchable and then I try to enter it I have 27000 of them ??

How can I fix that ? I mean how can I delete or anything else so that
the number in group buffer is more consistent with the reallity ?

Thanks,

zeDek

N.B: the group I mentionned is the debian BTS list (big traffic)
--
"Breaking Windows isn't just for kids anymore..."

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: I'm like a noob :)
@ 2003-03-30 14:37 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-30 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier MAILLARD <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> In my group buffer let say I have a group named 'nnml:test' with a
> number of articles of 1000.

[...]

> So why in the group buffer I only have 1000 articles
> fetchable and then I try to enter it I have 27000 of them ??

You probably have some ticked/dormant articles that have article
numbers with a spread of 27000.