* ognus 0.07: unknown option -dump
@ 2002-08-20 11:53 Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany
From: Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany @ 2002-08-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello *,

    I've found no point to debug handling mime messages multipart/alternative
    that consist of html parts:

      Unknown option -dump

    Lynx seems not to be started the correct way. Content-Type header is as
    follows:

    I've the volling entry in $HOME/.mailcap:

      text/html;/sw/es-tools/bin/lynx -dump "%s"

    Setting mm-discouraged-alternatives to '("text/html") displays the text
    alternative but when klicking on the text/html button the same error
    occurrs again.

    Also I've experienced a simple error message when setting
    mm-text-html-renderer and  mm-inline-text-html-renderer to 'lynx without
    success.  As far as I've traced it down it seems to be a problem with
    mm-text-html-washer-alist.

    Anyone who has solved this?

     TIA -- Peter

--
Consultant der CLASS AG   http://www.class.de
Professional Services

* Re: ognus 0.07: unknown option -dump
@ 2002-08-23  3:39 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-08-23  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter.Weiss@germany.sun.com (Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany) writes:

>     I've found no point to debug handling mime messages
>     multipart/alternative that consist of html parts:
>
>       Unknown option -dump
>
>     Lynx seems not to be started the correct way.

I think earlier versions of Lynx didn't have the -dump option.  Does
'lynx -help' mention the dump option?

* Re: ognus 0.07: unknown option -dump
@ 2002-09-05 16:16 ` clemens fischer
From: clemens fischer @ 2002-09-05 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter.Weiss@germany.sun.com (Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany) writes:

>       text/html;/sw/es-tools/bin/lynx -dump "%s"

try adding the `-force_html' option.  temporary files often don't have
recognizable names, this forces it regardless.

--
clemens