* `S N' does not always insert newsgroup
@ 2002-01-13 19:47 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-01-13 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mails sent to some address is dropped in an IMAP group of mine by way
of the bboard+foo addresses that Cyrus provides.  When doing `S N' on
such a message, the Newsgroups header remains empty.

Is there some way to tell Gnus to always insert the current newsgroup
name in the Newsgroup header in this case?

(I don't want to lose the normal `r' and `f' keys, they might come in
handy for some replies to the messages in that group.)

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)

* Re: `S N' does not always insert newsgroup
@ 2002-01-19 22:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-19 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mails sent to some address is dropped in an IMAP group of mine by way
> of the bboard+foo addresses that Cyrus provides.  When doing `S N' on
> such a message, the Newsgroups header remains empty.

Hm...  Does this only happen in nnimap groups?

* Re: `S N' does not always insert newsgroup
@ 2002-01-20 17:17   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-01-20 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Mails sent to some address is dropped in an IMAP group of mine by way
>> of the bboard+foo addresses that Cyrus provides.  When doing `S N' on
>> such a message, the Newsgroups header remains empty.
>
> Hm...  Does this only happen in nnimap groups?

It also happens in nnml groups.  Haven't tried other backends.

The general rule seems to be: if the orig message has a Newsgroups
header, then so does the one created by `S N'.  If the orig message
does not have the header, then the new header will be empty.

kai

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-20 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The general rule seems to be: if the orig message has a Newsgroups
> header, then so does the one created by `S N'.  If the orig message
> does not have the header, then the new header will be empty.

Hm.  That sounds like quite logical behavior to me.  :-)

* Re: `S N' does not always insert newsgroup
@ 2002-01-21 12:53       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-01-21 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> The general rule seems to be: if the orig message has a Newsgroups
>> header, then so does the one created by `S N'.  If the orig message
>> does not have the header, then the new header will be empty.
>
> Hm.  That sounds like quite logical behavior to me.  :-)

Well, err.  When I hit `S N' in a group, I would like to start
composing a followup to that group.  Regardless of the message
headers.

It's already possible to compose followups that go somewhere else...

But maybe that's just me.

kai

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-21 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Well, err.  When I hit `S N' in a group, I would like to start
> composing a followup to that group.  Regardless of the message
> headers.

`S N' is for when you receive a mail that has a Newsgroups header, and
you wish to respond to that Newsgroup instead of answering the mail
the normal way.  So `S N' for a message that doesn't have a Newsgroups
header isn't really what that command is for.

But it could be, I guess.