* CVS and endless loops?
@ 2002-01-01  9:59 Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-01-01  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I have only one ticked (!) article and this is the only article which
should be shown in the Summary, I can not enter that group - Gnus will loop
endlessly and calls gnus-goto-column forever. I can enter this group with
C-u 2 RET though...

Do you see that too? I use GNU Emacs from CVS.
--
Pavel Janík

2.4.15 eats files.  DON'T USE IT.
                  -- "H. Peter Anvin" in LKML

* Re: CVS and endless loops?
@ 2002-01-01 10:02 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-01 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel@Janik.cz (Pavel Janík) writes:

> when I have only one ticked (!) article and this is the only article which
> should be shown in the Summary, I can not enter that group - Gnus will loop
> endlessly and calls gnus-goto-column forever. I can enter this group with
> C-u 2 RET though...

If you set `debug-on-quit', what does the backtrace look like?

* Re: CVS and endless loops?
@ 2002-01-01 10:02 ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-01-01 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: Pavel@janik.cz (Pavel Janík)
   Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 10:59:45 +0100

   > when I have only one ticked (!) article and this is the only article which
   > should be shown in the Summary, I can not enter that group - Gnus will loop
   > endlessly and calls gnus-goto-column forever. I can enter this group with
   > C-u 2 RET though...
   >
   > Do you see that too? I use GNU Emacs from CVS.

Hmm, I can not enter any group with only one article either ticked or not,
it does not matter.
--
Pavel Janík

Are you joking? Fast and lightweight HTTP server written in Perl?
                  -- Freshmeat just announced new package ;-)

* Re: CVS and endless loops?
@ 2002-01-01 11:37   ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-01-01 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
   Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 11:02:04 +0100

   > Pavel@Janik.cz (Pavel Janík) writes:
   >
   > > when I have only one ticked (!) article and this is the only article which
   > > should be shown in the Summary, I can not enter that group - Gnus will loop
   > > endlessly and calls gnus-goto-column forever. I can enter this group with
   > > C-u 2 RET though...
   >
   > If you set `debug-on-quit', what does the backtrace look like?

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  gnus-summary-goto-subject(5488)
  gnus-summary-hide-thread()
  gnus-summary-hide-all-threads(nil)
  gnus-summary-maybe-hide-threads()
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("Python" nil t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("Python" nil t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
  gnus-group-select-group(nil)
  gnus-topic-select-group(nil)

I have these customized variables among others:

 '(gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)
 '(gnus-thread-ignore-subject nil)
 '(gnus-thread-sort-functions (quote (gnus-thread-sort-by-date)))

After (setq gnus-thread-hide-subtree nil) it works, when t, it does
endless loop!

Is the following change the cause of this?

	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-maybe-hide-threads): Use predicate
	function.

BTW - What about adding the diff to each message to
nntp+quimby.gnus.org:gnus.cvslog? If we have had diffs there, I could check
that myself (I do not have permanent IP connection) :-)
--
Pavel Janík

I just found a new primitive in the Emacs 21.0.987 pretest that
looks like it could help: hit-user-on-head-with-big-stick. Wow!
                  -- Someone in comp.emacs

* Re: CVS and endless loops?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-01 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel@Janik.cz (Pavel Janík) writes: