* Fetching an article by msg-id with nnweb?
@ 1999-12-16 18:07 Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 1999-12-16 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

So `C-c ^' fetches an article by message ID in the article buffer. In
the summary-buffer `^' finds the parent. Wouldn't it be a "cool"
feature to query Deja.com via nnweb to fetch an article, if it is not
found in the current spool / on the current news server? Of course in
a customizable manner.

This is only useful for USENET groups, I presume.

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz -*- rscholz@tzi.de -*- http://www.tzi.de/~rscholz/
FB 3 Informatik, Universität Bremen -*- PGP key available via WWW

* Re: Fetching an article by msg-id with nnweb?
@ 1999-12-21 21:05 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-21 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@tzi.de> writes:

> So `C-c ^' fetches an article by message ID in the article buffer. In
> the summary-buffer `^' finds the parent. Wouldn't it be a "cool"
> feature to query Deja.com via nnweb to fetch an article, if it is not
> found in the current spool / on the current news server?

See the variable gnus-refer-article-method.

kai

* Re: Fetching an article by msg-id with nnweb?
@ 1999-12-22 13:09   ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 1999-12-22 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

[finding an article's parent via nnweb]

> See the variable gnus-refer-article-method.

Cool, must have missed that feature. And it's even well
documented. Gnus is always a step ahead...

Cheers,
  Ray