* Inline problems with 0.31?
@ 1998-09-16  8:32 Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-09-16  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Under 0.29, I could view images in my buffer (they had a nasty habit
of popping up just under the subject line, but at least they came
up).  As of 0.31, they won't display at all.  I try clicking on the
attachment buttons, and nothing happens.

Did I screw something up?  I haven't changed my config at all between
0.29 and 0.31.

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
     If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more

* Re: Inline problems with 0.31?
@ 1998-09-16 10:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-16 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Simmons <simmonmt@acm.org> writes:

> Under 0.29, I could view images in my buffer (they had a nasty habit
> of popping up just under the subject line, but at least they came
> up).  As of 0.31, they won't display at all.  I try clicking on the
> attachment buttons, and nothing happens.

button2 isn't bound.  Use RET instead.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.32.

* Re: Inline problems with 0.31?
@ 1998-09-16 18:17   ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-09-16 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Matt> Under 0.29, I could view images in my buffer (they had a nasty habit
    Matt> of popping up just under the subject line, but at least they came
    Matt> up).  As of 0.31, they won't display at all.  I try clicking on the
    Matt> attachment buttons, and nothing happens.

    Lars> button2 isn't bound.  Use RET instead.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.32.

OK, so I tried that.  For each image type, it hits the disk for a
fraction of a second (paging something back in?). It then looks like
it shrinks the blank line between the attachment I just hit and the
attachment below it by 1 pixel.  A truss doesn't show it trying to
invoke anything.  This was tried on Steve's wonderful four-format post
on xemacs-beta[1], where he posted the same image in PNG, JPEG, TIFF,
and GIF.

Non-image attachments (tried text/plain from Kazuo Oishi's post[2] in
xemacs-beta.  Text/plain attachments seem to start with a blank line
between the content indicaton widget and the content.  When hidden
(RET once on a visible attachment) and made visible again (RET again),
the line has been eaten.  I also lose the multicolor citing.  Oddly
enough, the second attachment (the output of describe-installation)
came out all in bold, but I'm assuming that's the fault of the
content.

Matt

Footnotes:
[1]  <m23ebr4qgb.fsf@altair.xemacs.org>

[2]  <19980725235924V.oishi@agenv4.agr.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp>

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
"If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen..."

* Re: Inline problems with 0.31?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Simmons <simmonmt@acm.org> writes:

> OK, so I tried that.  For each image type, it hits the disk for a
> fraction of a second (paging something back in?). It then looks like
> it shrinks the blank line between the attachment I just hit and the
> attachment below it by 1 pixel.

I'm unable to reproduce this bug in 0.32, so perhaps it's been fixed?
I'll release 0.32 later today.

> Non-image attachments (tried text/plain from Kazuo Oishi's post[2] in
> xemacs-beta.  Text/plain attachments seem to start with a blank line
> between the content indicaton widget and the content.  When hidden
> (RET once on a visible attachment) and made visible again (RET again),
> the line has been eaten.  I also lose the multicolor citing.

Yes; this is what I get as well.  This should work better once we get
the hook situation sorted.

* Re: Inline problems with 0.31?
@ 1998-09-24  5:30       ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-09-24  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm now using 0.32.  MIME attachments aren't showing up at all.  When
I view the message in [1], I see the raw mime headers and separators.
The attachment bodies are shown in encoded form (base64 for the
referenced message).

This occurs even when I move both mailcaps out of the way.

Matt

Footnotes:
[1]  <m2btqf4s35.fsf@altair.xemacs.org> from xemacs-beta

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
    Anyone with money to burn will always find himself surrounded by people

* Re: Inline problems with 0.31?
@ 1998-09-24  5:46         ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1998-09-24  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

MS> I'm now using 0.32.  MIME attachments aren't showing up at all.
MS> When I view the message in [1], I see the raw mime headers and
MS> separators.  The attachment bodies are shown in encoded form
MS> (base64 for the referenced message).

MS> This occurs even when I move both mailcaps out of the way.

It is a typo in gnus-art.el. Patch comes soon.

--
Shenghuo