* nnir documentation
@ 2010-12-13 21:18 Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2010-12-13 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I know even less about texinfo than I do about elisp :)

But I have made an attempt at adding some documentation to gnus.texi for
the current state of nnir. I can just push it, but it almost certainly
needs work. I have added a new chapter, "Searching" (between "Scoring"
and "Various") which includes two sections,  nnir and nnmairix, each
with subsections. The nnir documentation doesn't include much info on
the engines that I don't use: swish and hyrex. But the others should be
fairly complete.

OK to push, or does someone want to look at it first?

Thanks,
Andy

* Re: nnir documentation
@ 2010-12-13 21:54 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-13 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu> writes:

> OK to push, or does someone want to look at it first?

Please push, and I'll have a look at it...

* Re: nnir documentation
@ 2010-12-13 23:36   ` Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2010-12-13 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    Lars> Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu> writes:
    >> OK to push, or does someone want to look at it first?

    Lars> Please push, and I'll have a look at it...

Well, that's a tad annoying. I just pushed it without paying too much
attention to the diff. Even though the changes I made were fairly modest
the diff is huge. I think that "diff" got confused at some point and
decided that everything had changed when it hadn't.

Oh well, give it a look and we can always back it out.

Andy

* Re: nnir documentation
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-15 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu> writes:

> Oh well, give it a look and we can always back it out.

Looks great to me.  Thanks for doing this.  :-)