* Buglet on `g'
@ 2002-12-12 12:51 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-12 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

From time to time, I get the following after hitting `g':

nntp-accept-response: Symbol's value as variable is void: nntp-with-open-group-first-pass

It happens rarely, and I haven't found out a way to reproduce it.
Not even enough to have debug-on-error turned on when it happens.
(I've only seen it 5 times or so in total.)

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

* Re: Buglet on `g'
@ 2002-12-28 18:00 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-28 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> From time to time, I get the following after hitting `g':
>
> nntp-accept-response: Symbol's value as variable is void: nntp-with-open-group-first-pass

This is usually the result of a variable being defined in one file,
but then bound by a function in another file, which triggers loading
the first file (which defines the variable), and then the function
exits, unbinding the variable, which will return it to its void
value.  :-)

However -- this doesn't seem to be possible here.  The only place
it's bound is in nntp.el, and that's where it's defined as well.
(And it's defined before it's bound.)  So that's a puzzlement.