* MIME part - pipe-to-command
@ 2002-08-27 18:41 Trey Jackson
From: Trey Jackson @ 2002-08-27 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Using Oort Gnus v0.06.

I'm constantly getting ZIPped mime attachments from my outlook
co-workers.  I'm trying to figure out how to save these attachments in
their unzipped format.  e.g. a power point slide sent via Outlook is
automatically compressed and arrives in a .ZIP archive - I'd like to
save it as a powerpoint in one easy move.

I tried using the menu option: pipe-to-command, but the command I type
doesn't actually get run on/with any piped data, or even a buffer with
the contents of the MIME part.  It gets run on a buffer containing the
header of the MIME part.  e.g. for a recent ZIPped .ppt file:

,----------------

`----------------

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be used to view/extract the mime
part - which happens to be a file named 'RFS_flow_r0.ZIP'.

Any help?

The actual function I tracked the pipe-to-saved-command is:

    mm-pipe-part  (mm-decode.el)

Is this a feature or a bug?
What am I missing here?

tia,