* SASL elisp library
@ 2002-07-31 23:21 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-07-31 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I intend to update imap.el in Gnus to use the SASL elisp library from
FLIM (which looks much cleaner than the current ad-hoc stuff, plus it
adds support for DIGEST-MD5, NTLM and SCRAM-MD5), and I wanted to make
sure the copyright situation was clear.

I intend to add the following files to Gnus (unless someone thinks
this whole idea is bad), all from FLIM 1.14.4 (let me know if there
are later versions):

hmac-def.el
hmac-md5.el
sasl.el
sasl-cram.el
sasl-scram.el
sasl-digest.el
sasl-ntlm.el
ntlm.el

All but sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el says the copyright is hold by FSF.
Have you signed papers for this?

About sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el, would you be willing to sign papers
to the FSF for these?

Once these are in Emacs, I guess we could continue to update
smtpmail.el, sieve-manage.el and perhaps other stuff to use the SASL
library too.

* Re: SASL elisp library
@ 2002-08-01 10:15 ` Taro Kawagishi
From: Taro Kawagishi @ 2002-08-01 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Shuhei KOBAYASHI, Daiki Ueno, ding

Hello,

thank you for considering taking ntlm.el into the Gnus package.
I will more than welcome it.

Yes, I am basically ready to sign paper of copyright transfer to FSF.
Could you give me an instruction to do that?

Originally I wrote ntlm.el as an addition to the Wanderlust email client which
used to have SASL as its part (but they are cleanly separate now).

So I don't know how it is integrated into latest FLIM.
Can you give me a URL which has FLIM which contains my file?

Cheers,
Taro

At Thu, 01 Aug 2002 01:21:38 +0200,
Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I intend to update imap.el in Gnus to use the SASL elisp library from
> FLIM (which looks much cleaner than the current ad-hoc stuff, plus it
> adds support for DIGEST-MD5, NTLM and SCRAM-MD5), and I wanted to make
> sure the copyright situation was clear.
>
> I intend to add the following files to Gnus (unless someone thinks
> this whole idea is bad), all from FLIM 1.14.4 (let me know if there
> are later versions):
>
> hmac-def.el
> hmac-md5.el
> sasl.el
> sasl-cram.el
> sasl-scram.el
> sasl-digest.el
> sasl-ntlm.el
> ntlm.el
>
> All but sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el says the copyright is hold by FSF.
> Have you signed papers for this?
>
> About sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el, would you be willing to sign papers
> to the FSF for these?
>
> Once these are in Emacs, I guess we could continue to update
> smtpmail.el, sieve-manage.el and perhaps other stuff to use the SASL
> library too.

* Re: SASL elisp library
@ 2002-08-01 11:17   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-08-01 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Shuhei KOBAYASHI, Daiki Ueno, ding

"Taro Kawagishi" <taro.kawagishi@nokia.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for considering taking ntlm.el into the Gnus package.
> I will more than welcome it.

FYI, I dropped the dependency on APEL (poem.el) though.  By simply
removing the (require 'poem) line.  It seems to compile, but I cannot
test it.  If you don't think this will work, let me know.

> Yes, I am basically ready to sign paper of copyright transfer to FSF.
> Could you give me an instruction to do that?

You are supposed to sign and mail a form to the FSF, but I never seem
to be able to locate the form.  Anyone else know where it is?

> Originally I wrote ntlm.el as an addition to the Wanderlust email client which
> used to have SASL as its part (but they are cleanly separate now).
>
> So I don't know how it is integrated into latest FLIM.
> Can you give me a URL which has FLIM which contains my file?

I used the latest version from ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/flim/.  I'm
not sure it is the best version though, do you know a more recent one?

* Re: SASL elisp library
@ 2002-08-01 17:54   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-08-01 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Simon Josefsson, Shuhei KOBAYASHI, Daiki Ueno, ding

"Taro Kawagishi" <taro.kawagishi@nokia.com> wrote:
> Yes, I am basically ready to sign paper of copyright transfer to FSF.
> Could you give me an instruction to do that?

(Also tell them whether you want to do copyright assignment or public
domain.)

request-assign.future:

Please email the following information to fsf-records@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

* Re: SASL elisp library
@ 2002-08-04  9:11     ` Jason Merrill
From: Jason Merrill @ 2002-08-04  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:17:06 +0200, Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> wrote:

> You are supposed to sign and mail a form to the FSF, but I never seem
> to be able to locate the form.  Anyone else know where it is?

FYI, it isn't on the web anywhere.  RMS wants it to always come from a
maintainer.

Jason