* turn off flowed?
@ 2000-04-27 13:50 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-27 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

My Emacs segfaults when trying to display a `format=flowed' message.
Is there a way to turn off handling of this format until I get a new
version which doesn't segfault anymore?

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: turn off flowed?
@ 2000-04-27 14:33 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-04-27 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> My Emacs segfaults when trying to display a `format=flowed' message.
> Is there a way to turn off handling of this format until I get a new
> version which doesn't segfault anymore?

I don't think so.  I didn't see how vcards, enriched/richtext, etc
could be disabled so I didn't add any hooks for disabling
format=flowed.

What would be the best way to do that?  `mm-use-flow-fill-p'?
`mm-use-vcard-p'?

(If there is a way of disabling vcards, the same method might apply to
format=flowed too, though.)

* Re: turn off flowed?
@ 2000-04-27 15:05   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-27 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> I don't think so.  I didn't see how vcards, enriched/richtext, etc
> could be disabled so I didn't add any hooks for disabling
> format=flowed.

Okay, I have now commented out the (fill-flowed) statement in
mm-view.el.  I think that could kluge me along until I get a better
Emacs.

kai
--

@ 2000-08-10 20:23   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-10 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> > My Emacs segfaults when trying to display a `format=flowed' message.
> > Is there a way to turn off handling of this format until I get a new
> > version which doesn't segfault anymore?
>
> I don't think so.  I didn't see how vcards, enriched/richtext, etc
> could be disabled so I didn't add any hooks for disabling
> format=flowed.

Viewing of all the MIME types can be controlled by fiddling with the
viewers -- if you want text/v-card to be displayed in an xterm, and
not with vcard.el, that's doable.  (Even though, at the moment, I have
no idea how to do that.  :-)

The "format" parameter to the text/plain type can't be controlled, it
seems.  I think it should be possible for the user to control that,
too, through some mechanism or other...

* Re: turn off flowed?
@ 2000-08-11 13:23     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-08-11 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Aug 2000, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:
>
>> Kai wrote:
>> > My Emacs segfaults when trying to display a `format=flowed'
>> > message.  Is there a way to turn off handling of this format
>> > until I get a new version which doesn't segfault anymore?
>
> Viewing of all the MIME types can be controlled by fiddling with the
> viewers -- if you want text/v-card to be displayed in an xterm, and
> not with vcard.el, that's doable.  (Even though, at the moment, I
> have no idea how to do that.  :-)

FWIW, I now have a more recent snapshot and Emacs does not dump core
on my when viewing such messages.

Now there's a different error, but it only happens on some messages,
and Emacs doesn't die anymore.

While it lasted, I changed the source code to not invoke fill-flowed.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.