* more on the summary refocusing problem
@ 2000-01-11 22:26 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2000-01-11 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems like the problem with moving the cursor to the wrong message
only appears if:

1) the article buffer is not already visible
2) the message you select is not visible in the summary buffer after
   the article buffer is created.

ie:

Before selecting (<- is the pointer)

_______________
| Read MSG <- |
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG    |
| New MSG     |
---------------

Press 'n'.

New look:
_______________
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG    |
| Read MSG <- |
| Read MSG    |
---------------
| Article     |
| Buffer with |
| New MSG     |
---------------

If I do R or whatever now, it will reply to message #3 where the point
is.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Deliberation, n.:

* Re: more on the summary refocusing problem
@ 2000-01-11 22:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-01-11 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Do you automatically display cached messages in your groups?  That's
causing me strange behavior similar to (but not quite the same as)
yours.

kai

* Re: more on the summary refocusing problem
@ 2000-01-12 20:25   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2000-01-12 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Do you automatically display cached messages in your groups?  That's
> causing me strange behavior similar to (but not quite the same as)
> yours.

Yes, I do. However I get the same behavior when entering a group that
has a lot of messages and opening one "farther down".

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
That's one small step for a man; one giant leap for mankind.