* Names of score files different on different systems?
@ 1999-12-23 10:39 Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 1999-12-23 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On the Sun solaris system I use at work, score files are stored in
subdirectories of the directory News:

    fabian@mungo ~$ find News/gnu/emacs/gnus
    News/gnu/emacs/gnus
    News/gnu/emacs/gnus/SCORE
    News/gnu/emacs/gnus/ADAPT
    fabian@mungo ~$

whereas on my Linux system at home they are stored in files
in the directory News:

    mike@nozomi ~$ find News/gnu.emacs.gnus.*
    News/gnu.emacs.gnus.ADAPT
    News/gnu.emacs.gnus.SCORE
    mike@nozomi ~$

Why is this so??

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@gmx.de>   <mike@nozomi.rhein-neckar.de>

* Re: Names of score files different on different systems?
@ 1999-12-23 11:17 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-23 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

There are variables gnus-use-long-file-name and
nnmail-use-long-file-names which control whether "." or "/" is used.
kai

* Re: Names of score files different on different systems?
@ 2000-01-03 22:08   ` Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 2000-01-03 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> There are variables gnus-use-long-file-name and
> nnmail-use-long-file-names which control whether "." or "/" is used.

Thank you very much! I searched without success in the manual, but
couldn't find it until you told me the names of theses variables.

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@gmx.de>   <mike@nozomi.rhein-neckar.de>