* Help needed archiving thousands of messages
@ 1998-04-30 18:36 Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1998-04-30 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

Hi,

I currently have thousands of mail articles which I need to archive. I
was hoping to use a scheme that was based on the month/year/group of
the message so that every message in a group, say Gnus, received within
a certain month (or maybe quarter) would be put into one file and all
messages in the hurricane group would get their own monthly (or
quarterly) file etc.

I currently use nnml for normal reading but I'd like to use nnfolder
or any other single file method for the archive.

In addition I'd like to set up expire (or something like it) so that
read messages get archived automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Eze Ogwuma

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-04-30 18:36 UTC | newest]