* draft and queue group update
@ 2011-03-25 11:17 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-25 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

draft and queue are not updating consistently. Its quite frequent when
using a queue to edit and save resulting in the article being
(correctly) moved to the draft folder. Until you do a somewhat time
consuming "g" you cant see its in the draft and reedit it. Since they
are local it would be nice for immediate update - I know Lars kind of
had it so a while back but I think it might have deteriorated a little
somewhere along the tine.

* Re: draft and queue group update
@ 2011-03-25 11:29 ` Antoine Levitt
From: Antoine Levitt @ 2011-03-25 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

25/03/11 12:17, Richard Riley
> draft and queue are not updating consistently. Its quite frequent when
> using a queue to edit and save resulting in the article being
> (correctly) moved to the draft folder. Until you do a somewhat time
> consuming "g" you cant see its in the draft and reedit it. Since they
> are local it would be nice for immediate update - I know Lars kind of
> had it so a while back but I think it might have deteriorated a little
> somewhere along the tine.

I agree with this, it'd be nice for the group list to be updated when
the draft/queue status change (for instance, when saving a new draft, or
when doing a C-c C-k on a drafted mail)

* Re: draft and queue group update
@ 2011-03-25 11:42   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-25 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine Levitt; +Cc: ding

Antoine Levitt <antoine.levitt@gmail.com> writes:

> 25/03/11 12:17, Richard Riley
>> draft and queue are not updating consistently. Its quite frequent when
>> using a queue to edit and save resulting in the article being
>> (correctly) moved to the draft folder. Until you do a somewhat time
>> consuming "g" you cant see its in the draft and reedit it. Since they
>> are local it would be nice for immediate update - I know Lars kind of
>> had it so a while back but I think it might have deteriorated a little
>> somewhere along the tine.
>
> I agree with this, it'd be nice for the group list to be updated when
> the draft/queue status change (for instance, when saving a new draft, or
> when doing a C-c C-k on a drafted mail)

The "queue" line normally does - the draft doesnt. They are somehow and
gnus-illy intertwined as discussed in another thread from a few weeks
back - nnml or something else I dont have a clue about (I tried moving
my drafts directory but I still end up having to symbolically link my
.emacs.d/Mail to my home directory ~/Mail ... but I digress...).

* Re: draft and queue group update
@ 2011-03-29 18:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-29 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> draft and queue are not updating consistently. Its quite frequent when
> using a queue to edit and save resulting in the article being
> (correctly) moved to the draft folder.

Yeah, the draft group should probably update automatically, too.

However, it doesn't seem to be super-trivial to do.  If I just save the
buffer I'm writing in now, it's just saved to a file in the drafts
directory in a total normal manner.  And it's auto-saved the same way.

I could make Gnus hook into the Emacs (auto-)saving functions, but I'm
slightly leery of doing that, since the point is that Emacs will
(auto-)save the messages in a totally normal manner, even if Gnus is
totally b0rked.  Having Gnus do something as complicated as updating a
group line from these hooks is kinda...  spooky.

Perhaps.