* Problem with scoring when gnus-show-threads is nil
@ 2002-05-08 18:04 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2002-05-08 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an nndir group wich uses scoring to mark-and-expunge any
articles that have a score lower than -100.  I also have
(gnus-show-threads nil) set in this group's parameters, because I
don't want these articles to be threaded.

If I remove (gnus-show-threads nil) from my group parameters, then
scoring works correctly and the articles are expunged from my buffer.
If I keep (gnus-show-threads nil) in my group buffers, then scoring
appears to work (articles get the appropriate +/- prefix and I can see
they're using the correct scoring rules), but the articles are not
expunged from my summary buffer.

Does anyone know what would cause this problem?  I'm using the latest
gnus out of CVS with Emacs 21.1.1.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul             /\/     "how young are you, how old am i?
emerick@cs.bu.edu         /\/      let's count the rings around my eyes."
------------------------------------------------- 'i will dare', the mats

* Re: Problem with scoring when gnus-show-threads is nil
@ 2003-01-01 19:41 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-01 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> If I remove (gnus-show-threads nil) from my group parameters, then
> scoring works correctly and the articles are expunged from my buffer.
> If I keep (gnus-show-threads nil) in my group buffers, then scoring
> appears to work (articles get the appropriate +/- prefix and I can see
> they're using the correct scoring rules), but the articles are not
> expunged from my summary buffer.

Looking through the code, I find this comment:

	;; When unthreaded, all articles are always shown.

So it looks like this is intentional behavior.  I think it should be
changed.  Does anybody have any idea why this behavior makes sense?

* Re: Problem with scoring when gnus-show-threads is nil
@ 2003-01-08 13:39   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2003-01-08 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

> Looking through the code, I find this comment:

> 	;; When unthreaded, all articles are always shown.

> So it looks like this is intentional behavior.  I think it should be
> changed.  Does anybody have any idea why this behavior makes sense?

I haven't seen any responses to this...is it safe to assume the
behavior doesn't really make sense?  :-)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-08 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> I haven't seen any responses to this...is it safe to assume the
> behavior doesn't really make sense?  :-)

I think the current behavior is that way because that's the way it
behaved in GNUS 4.1, and I didn't want to change that.