* gnus-list-identfiers not working?
@ 2000-05-19 21:39 Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-05-19 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Anyone else experiencing a problem with gnus-list-identfiers? My
definition has been

(setq gnus-list-identifiers "\\(^heimat123: \\|^ +\\)")

for months and worked as expected. Now is doesn't mangle the subject
anymore. I can't say with which CVS version this started.

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz -*- rscholz@tzi.de -*- http://www.tzi.de/~rscholz/
FB 3 Informatik, Universität Bremen -*- PGP key available via WWW

* Re: gnus-list-identfiers not working?
@ 2000-05-19 22:31 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-19 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond> Hi!
Raymond> Anyone else experiencing a problem with gnus-list-identfiers? My
Raymond> definition has been

Raymond> (setq gnus-list-identifiers "\\(^heimat123: \\|^ +\\)")

Raymond> for months and worked as expected. Now is doesn't mangle the subject
Raymond> anymore. I can't say with which CVS version this started.

It is a list. Try:

    (setq gnus-list-identifiers '("heimat123:" " +"))

Shenghuo

* Re: gnus-list-identfiers not working?
@ 2000-05-20  0:46   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-20  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> It is a list. Try:
>
>     (setq gnus-list-identifiers '("heimat123:" " +"))

The documentation says that regexp and list of regexes are both
allowed.

So either the documentation or the implementation should be changed.
Since Raymond says that using a regex has worked for him for quite
some time now, I suspect that it would be better to fix the
implementation to agree with the documentation :-)

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: gnus-list-identfiers not working?
@ 2000-05-20 12:15   ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-05-20 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> It is a list. Try:
>
>     (setq gnus-list-identifiers '("heimat123:" " +"))

Thanks. Um.. and I support Kai's suggestion to alter the code instead
of the documentation ;-)

Furthermore I'd like to see a "list identifier" field in the group
parameters just for aesthetic reasons. The "banner" field already
removes (mostly) superfluous information from the body, the "list
identifier" field removes superfluous information from the
subject. Quite similiar tasks which should both be controlled from the
group parameters, I think.

Cheers,
  Ray

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-13 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >     (setq gnus-list-identifiers '("heimat123:" " +"))
>
> The documentation says that regexp and list of regexes are both
> allowed.
>
> So either the documentation or the implementation should be changed.
> Since Raymond says that using a regex has worked for him for quite
> some time now, I suspect that it would be better to fix the
> implementation to agree with the documentation :-)

I've looked at the code, and it seems to be doing both a regexp and a
list of regexps (now)...