* message-cite-original-without-signature too strict
@ 2000-04-14 10:14 Kai Großjohann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-14 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sometimes, people include lots of stuff after their signature, such as
the output from `make' or `configure'.  I may wish to comment on that,
but since I use message-cite-original-without-signature, it is cut
off.

WIBNI message-cite-original-without-signature used
gnus-signature-limit to determine whether to really delete the signature?

kai
--
The birch trees fly way too low these days.

* Re: message-cite-original-without-signature too strict
@ 2000-04-14 13:43 ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-04-14 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Kai> WIBNI message-cite-original-without-signature used
    Kai> gnus-signature-limit to determine whether to really delete the signature?

Yes.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574

* Re: message-cite-original-without-signature too strict
@ 2000-04-14 14:05 ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2000-04-14 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Sometimes, people include lots of stuff after their signature, such as
> the output from `make' or `configure'.  I may wish to comment on that,
> but since I use message-cite-original-without-signature, it is cut off.
> WIBNI message-cite-original-without-signature used gnus-signature-limit
> to determine whether to really delete the signature?

Besides, it sometimes happen that one might comment on the signature itself
(I met one case yesterday).  Maybe it would be useful to have some handy
key binding to cite the original message with its signature.  (Of course:
shouldn't all key bindings be handy? :-).

A thing which irritates me a bit in that area is that strange habit Majordomo
has, for administrative messages, to prepend `-- ' to the contents of its
reply, making it hidden by default here.  Not a Gnus problem, of course...

* Re: message-cite-original-without-signature too strict
@ 2000-04-19 23:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-19 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> WIBNI message-cite-original-without-signature used
> gnus-signature-limit to determine whether to really delete the signature?

Well, then that thing would have to be moved out of Gnus and either
into Message or a separate library.  Which is ok, of course.

* Re: message-cite-original-without-signature too strict
@ 2000-04-20  0:03   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

François Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> Besides, it sometimes happen that one might comment on the signature itself
> (I met one case yesterday).  Maybe it would be useful to have some handy
> key binding to cite the original message with its signature.  (Of course:
> shouldn't all key bindings be handy? :-).

`C-_' should work.  Let's see...  No, the function doesn't set the
undo boundary before removing the signature.  I've now fixed that.