* rnnimap resplitting
@ 2010-12-05 17:44 Tommy Kelly
From: Tommy Kelly @ 2010-12-05 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm looking at respooling my existing mail, now that I've got nnimap
splitting working (thanks Lars).

However, gnus-summary-respool-article isn't accepting "nnimap" as the
backend (even though it offers it as a default).

Is respooling actually possible with nnimap. Really all I want is to
split my IMAP archive. How is that best done?

One method I guess could work is to mark all archived articles as
unread, and then simply relaunch Gnus. Unread messages appear to get
resplit anyway.

But that would requireme to work through each archive group, changing
nnimap-inbox each time. Is there a better way?

thanks,
Tommy

* Re: rnnimap resplitting
@ 2010-12-05 19:07 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-05 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Tommy Kelly <tommy.kelly@verilab.com> writes:

> However, gnus-summary-respool-article isn't accepting "nnimap" as the
> backend (even though it offers it as a default).

I don't see why...  I've now added the `respool' token to nnimap, so it
should allow this.

* Re: rnnimap resplitting
@ 2010-12-05 21:03   ` Tommy Kelly
From: Tommy Kelly @ 2010-12-05 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I don't see why...  I've now added the `respool' token to nnimap, so it
> should allow this.

I'm still not getting this. I pulled your changes but when I do a 'B r',
it still offers nnimap as the backend, but if I explicitly type in
"nniap" it tells me [No Match]. It aso gives me that response if I
double-tab in the field. Howeve, if I hit enter with the field empty --
i.e. accepting the default offering of "nnimap" -- then it seems to
accept that and asks me for the server.

I don't know what to enter there, but double-tabbing gives "[No Match]"
as does anything else I enter. Hitting return with an empty server field
returns an error message "No method given for respooling".

Tommy

* Re: rnnimap resplitting
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-05 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Tommy Kelly <tommy.kelly@verilab.com> writes:

> I'm still not getting this. I pulled your changes but when I do a 'B r',
> it still offers nnimap as the backend, but if I explicitly type in
> "nniap" it tells me [No Match].

This should now be fixed.