* Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-02  2:31 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-02  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just hit an article from Karl Kleinpaste in gnu.emacs.gnus (after
enjoying the Don Saklad wars) using the X-Face above.  And it gave me
a silly idea: How about a Gnus X-Face that users could include if
they, er, want to.  Or something.  Probably not default to one.  That
would be rude.

So what would an Oort Gnus X-Face look like?  Even though the Oort
Cloud has nothing to do with the galaxy, how about a spiral galaxy
with the letters "Oort Gnus" below it?  Anybody feel artistic?

A 48x48x1 image should be enough for everybody.

* Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-02  2:41 ` luis fernandes
From: luis fernandes @ 2002-01-02  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'll see if I can come up with something.

* Re: Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-02  2:52   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-02  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

luis fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca> writes:

> I'll see if I can come up with something.

Cool!

* Re: Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-02 14:23 ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2002-01-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So what would an Oort Gnus X-Face look like?  Even though the Oort
> Cloud has nothing to do with the galaxy, how about a spiral galaxy
> with the letters "Oort Gnus" below it?

Actually we need to find a galaxy that looks like a gnu.

> Anybody feel artistic?

>From time to time.

Cheers, Ray
--
WYSIWYG is a step backwards. Human labor is used to do that which the
computer can do better.                         (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)

* Re: Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-02 15:09   ` luis fernandes
From: luis fernandes @ 2002-01-02 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

     > Actually we need to find a galaxy that looks like a gnu.

I think it would just be easier to hack into the Hubble telescope
datastream and modify it to suit the requirements.

I'll see what I can do.

* Re: Gnus X-Face
@ 2002-01-05 18:15   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-05 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <ray-2002@zonix.de> writes:

>> Anybody feel artistic?
>
> From time to time.

:-)  I've now included this in etc/gnus.

Now, what to do with it...  Hm...