* limit to recipient?
@ 2001-09-30 20:33 Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-09-30 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there anything like '/ a', but that limits to a recipient?  Maybe
'/ r' could be used if not.

Here's why: when I go into my sent-mail folders, I would like to be
able to narrow on messages I sent to a particular recipient.  Any
way to do that?

--
Amos

* Re: limit to recipient?
@ 2001-10-01  0:11 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2001-10-01  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.ding@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Here's why: when I go into my sent-mail folders, I would like to be
> able to narrow on messages I sent to a particular recipient.  Any
> way to do that?

If you have To as a gnus-extra-header then you can use '/ x' to narrow
to recipients.

--
Nevin Kapur
nevin@jhu.edu

* Re: Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-06  3:48         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-06  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> I'm sure that's a typo and "Scoring" is supposed to be "Limiting".

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.92.

* Re: Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-05  9:41       ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-07-05  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Todd <gtodd@yorku.ca> writes:

> If I press return without typing anything I get to a second prompt
> that says "Limit to header To (regexp):" where I can work my magic. In
> other words it works but I don't know why the first prompt about
> scoring appears.

I'm sure that's a typo and "Scoring" is supposed to be "Limiting".

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-05  4:40     ` Graham Todd
From: Graham Todd @ 1999-07-05  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

    >  Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:
    >> You can limit to any extra header using / x.  kai

I needed to upgrade.

    Harry> How does this work?  Trying `/ x' <RET> gives me a prompt
    Harry> that looks like: Score extra header: (default nil)

I get the same but default is set to "To"

@ 1999-07-04 21:44     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-07-04 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How does this work?  Trying `/ x'  <RET> gives me a prompt that looks
> like:
> Score extra header: (default nil)

When I type "/ x ?" the completion list shows all headers mentioned in
gnus-extra-headers.  Dunno why this fails to work for you.

(Might be nnmail-extra-headers, too, since those two have the same
value for me.)

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-04 21:07   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-07-04 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> You can limit to any extra header using / x.
> kai

How does this work?  Trying `/ x'  <RET> gives me a prompt that looks
like:
Score extra header: (default nil)

Anything I type here gets a [no match] letters numbers or whatever.
Completion gets nothing.  So hitting return I see:

Limit to header nil (regexp):
typing anything here does nothing either (no surprise)

This is being done with focus (cursor) in the summary buffer.

* Re: Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-04 20:10 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-07-04 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can limit to any extra header using / x.
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Limit to recipient?
@ 1999-07-04 18:58 Graham Todd
From: Graham Todd @ 1999-07-04 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have this im my ~/.gnus to make the Summary buffers in my sent-mail
archives more meaningful:

(setq gnus-extra-headers
           '(To Newsgroups))
(setq nnmail-extra-headers gnus-extra-headers)
(setq gnus-summary-line-format
          "%U %d%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-20,20f%]%) %s\n")
(setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
           "Graham Todd")

I'd like to be able to add a "limit" function something like this:

(defun gnus-summary-limit-to-recipient (????)
  "Limit the summary buffer to articles that were sent to a recipient
  that matches a regexp."
 (interactive "sLimit to recipient (regexp): ")
  (gnus-summary-limit-to-subject ???? "????"))

but what would I have to substitute for the ???? above. Theres a few
line in gnus-sum.el like this:

(unless (fboundp (intern (concat "mail-header-" header)))
      (error "%s is not a valid header" header))

which seem to prevent gnus-extra-headers like "To" or "Newsgroups"
from being seen as valid headers. How and where could they be defined
as valid headers so a defun like gnus-summary-limit-to-recipient would
work?

--
Graham Todd