* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-08  4:38 lewst
From: lewst @ 1999-02-08  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Tessone <tessone@fnal.gov> wrote:

> C-c C-a

Okay, thanks.  I suggest adding this command to the "Message"
menu, and also to the documentation somewhere (unless already
there).

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-08  9:57 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-08  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

lewst@yahoo.com writes:

  > Okay, thanks.  I suggest adding this command to the "Message"
  > menu, and also to the documentation somewhere (unless already
  > there).

The MIME composition thing will change quite a bit in the future, C-c
C-a was just a stopgap solution.

kai
--
I like _\bb_\bo_\bt_\bh kinds of music.

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-08 15:30   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-02-08 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> The MIME composition thing will change quite a bit in the future,
> C-c C-a was just a stopgap solution.

What makes you say a thing like that?

MIME composition thing is finished, as far as I know.  There might be
further additions to MML, but they will likely be of little
consequence to the casual user.

`C-c C-a' is no "stopgap solution" -- it's a nice way to attach a
file.

Lars, have I missed something?

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-09 16:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-09 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

lewst@yahoo.com writes:

> Okay, thanks.  I suggest adding this command to the "Message"
> menu, and also to the documentation somewhere (unless already
> there).

The menu has the "Attach file as MIME" in there...

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-09 16:06   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-09 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> The MIME composition thing will change quite a bit in the future, C-c
> C-a was just a stopgap solution.

I'm not so sure.  :-)  I kinda like `C-c C-a'.  If one wants to do
something more complex, one can just write MML.

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> `C-c C-a' is no "stopgap solution" -- it's a nice way to attach a
> file.
>
> Lars, have I missed something?

Well, we originally had grander plans, but then I remembered that I
liked languages better than application, so we went with MML.  :-)

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-10  9:15     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-10  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > I'm not so sure.  :-)  I kinda like `C-c C-a'.  If one wants to do
  > something more complex, one can just write MML.

Hm.  WIBNI there were a few commands which helped on enter part tags?
Then, one would not have to remember whether it was `description' or
`comment' and which attributes are allowed for which tags.

Have you seen C-c C-a in psgml mode?  I just *love* that one.  If you
could do something like that, I'd be a happy camper 8-)

Then again, others might feel differently.  Whaddaya think?

kai
--

@ 1999-02-11  4:10       ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-11  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Have you seen C-c C-a in psgml mode?

Oh, wow.  Well, I wouldn't use something like that, but it looks quite
impressive.

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-11  9:03         ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-11  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > Oh, wow.  Well, I wouldn't use something like that, but it looks
  > quite impressive.

Well, you already do widgets (customizing group parameters, for
instance), so maybe you could tack on something like that -- would be
even more pointily-clickety than the psgml thing...

Another thing psgml mode does which is nice is C-c + (adds an
attribute to the current element).

kai
--

@ 1999-02-08  4:24 ` Chris Tessone
From: Chris Tessone @ 1999-02-08  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    lewst> I'm using Pterodactyl v0.70 and XEmacs 20.4.  Viewing MIME
    lewst> attachments is straightforward, as you just have to click
    lewst> on their links in the message.  But I can't figure out how
    lewst> to do MIME attachments when I'm sending mail messages.
    lewst> What would I type if I say wanted to MIME attach a
    lewst> foo.tar.gz file in a mail message?

C-c C-a

--
Chris Tessone              tessone@imsa.edu              tessone@fnal.gov
IMSA PH/Postmaster SNPC                     http://www.imsa.edu/~tessone/

* Re: sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-08  4:23 ` Carsten Leonhardt
From: Carsten Leonhardt @ 1999-02-08  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

lewst> I'm using Pterodactyl v0.70 and XEmacs 20.4.  Viewing
lewst> MIME attachments is straightforward, as you just have
lewst> to click on their links in the message.  But I can't
lewst> figure out how to do MIME attachments when I'm sending
lewst> mail messages.  What would I type if I say wanted to
lewst> MIME attach a foo.tar.gz file in a mail message?

C-c C-a foo.tar.gz RET

* sending MIME attachments with Pterodactyl
@ 1999-02-08  4:17 lewst