* re-encode edited article or not
@ 1998-09-15  6:39 Öìʤ»ð
From: Öìʤ»ð @ 1998-09-15  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a article is edited, gnus-request-replace-article encodes the
article then replaces original one. It works well in general cases.

But when "e" an article which is showed (gnus-summary-show-article)
with argument, i.e. [C-u g] in summary buffer, the article is not
decoded, but encoded when you finish editing, so some MIME headers are
changed. For example, edit this article after [C-u g], the charset
will be changed from "cn-gb-2312" to "us-ascii".

I think a local varible should be added to article buffer to indicated
whether the article has been decoded, so that it can be decided
whether the article needs to be encoded when
gnus-request-replace-article.

--
Shenghuo ZHU(朱胜火)

* Re: re-encode edited article or not
@ 1998-09-16  9:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-16  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

zsh@cs.rochester.edu (Öìʤ»ð) writes:

> I think a local varible should be added to article buffer to indicated
> whether the article has been decoded, so that it can be decided
> whether the article needs to be encoded when
> gnus-request-replace-article.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.32.