* query on nndraft:queue group
@ 2010-12-20 14:47 Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2010-12-20 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I just tried sending an email whilst unplugged, and the message was
queued as expected. However, when I did 'g' from the *Group* buffer, the
nndraft:queue group still had '*' as its message count, I had to do an
explicit M-g on the group to get it to update.

Is this normal? Or is there a config option I can change? I'm *assuming*
I don't need to list an 'nndraft' method in my secondary servers, since
the group does show up.

Thanks

Robert

* Re: query on nndraft:queue group
@ 2010-12-20 17:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-20 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried sending an email whilst unplugged, and the message was
> queued as expected. However, when I did 'g' from the *Group* buffer, the
> nndraft:queue group still had '*' as its message count, I had to do an
> explicit M-g on the group to get it to update.
>
> Is this normal?

No.  What's the group level of the queue group?  It should default to 1,
which means that it's always updated.

* Re: query on nndraft:queue group
@ 2010-12-20 17:25   ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2010-12-20 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just tried sending an email whilst unplugged, and the message was
>> queued as expected. However, when I did 'g' from the *Group* buffer, the
>> nndraft:queue group still had '*' as its message count, I had to do an
>> explicit M-g on the group to get it to update.
>>
>> Is this normal?
>
> No.  What's the group level of the queue group?  It should default to 1,
> which means that it's always updated.

Ignore the email reply you may just have got from me, it's bogus.

The group was set to level 3, but I just tried with it set to 1, and the
behaviour was the same.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-20 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> The group was set to level 3, but I just tried with it set to 1, and the
> behaviour was the same.

Did you try switching Gnus off and then on again?

* Re: query on nndraft:queue group
@ 2010-12-20 17:43       ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2010-12-20 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The group was set to level 3, but I just tried with it set to 1, and the
>> behaviour was the same.
>
> Did you try switching Gnus off and then on again?

Damn, now you're asking me to save stuff & restart? The imposition!
:)

I exited gnus & restarted emacs. Same behaviour.

For good measure I tried setting the nndraft:drafts group to level 1 as
well, exited & restarted. No dice.

Help me Larsi, you're my only hope.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-20 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> I exited gnus & restarted emacs. Same behaviour.

Are you sure your Emacs is plugged in?

Er...  how does the rest of this help desk script go...

> For good measure I tried setting the nndraft:drafts group to level 1 as
> well, exited & restarted. No dice.

What does `G E' on the group look like?

* Re: query on nndraft:queue group
@ 2010-12-20 18:04           ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2010-12-20 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I exited gnus & restarted emacs. Same behaviour.
>
> Are you sure your Emacs is plugged in?

I tried both plugged & unplugged.

> Er...  how does the rest of this help desk script go...
>
>> For good measure I tried setting the nndraft:drafts group to level 1 as
>> well, exited & restarted. No dice.
>
> What does `G E' on the group look like?

("nndraft:queue" 1 nil nil
 (nndraft "")
 ((gnus-dummy
   (gnus-draft-mode))))

Feel free to suggest a function for me to edebug :)

Regards

@ 2011-01-02  7:09             ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-02  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> ("nndraft:queue" 1 nil nil
>  (nndraft "")
>  ((gnus-dummy
>    (gnus-draft-mode))))

Looks OK to me.  Curiouser and curiouser.

> Feel free to suggest a function for me to edebug :)

It's mostly done by `gnus-get-unread-articles', but it's a really long
and complicated function.

For nndraft, the interesting bit should be the part after

    ;; Do the rest of the retrieval.