* Charset encoding problems
@ 2010-12-05  2:27 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2010-12-05  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 518 bytes --]

I have just added a couple of RSS feeds as Gnus groups, however the
encoding doesn't turn out right. Now, I have been trying different
options to set the group option `charset . utf-8' to various charsets,
but cannot get the it to display properly; see snippet below (e.g. the
apostrophe displays as a sequence of byte-strings (?) \303\242...):

`
   building had begun and commenced its re-verification activities.“ Â
'

Any pointers to how to resolve this, greatly appreciated! Thanks,

--
Johnny

* Re: Charset encoding problems
@ 2010-12-06 15:54 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-06 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> I have just added a couple of RSS feeds as Gnus groups, however the
> encoding doesn't turn out right. Now, I have been trying different
> options to set the group option `charset . utf-8' to various charsets,
> but cannot get the it to display properly; see snippet below (e.g. the
> apostrophe displays as a sequence of byte-strings (?) \303\242...):
>
> `
>    building had begun and commenced its re-verification activities.“ Â
> '

Have a look at the articles with `C-u g' to see the raw HTML.  It's
quite possible that the Gwene scripts have double- or triple-encoded
some stuff from some articles.