* Problem with Hiding Topics/Groups
@ 2002-01-29 17:03 IPmonger
From: IPmonger @ 2002-01-29 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Folks,

    I'm using Gnus exclusively for reading email (nnml).  I have about
  551 mail boxes (according to .newsrc), so I use Topics (and
  sub-topics) to group them.  Further, I hide empty topics.  This has
  worked well for me until recently.

    Now, whenever I manually refile mail that I have just read from my
  inbox to a group that does not contain unread mail (and, thus isn't
  visible), when I exit the current group and return to the *Groups*
  buffer, the group that I just put the mail into now appears.  If the
  topic that it is under was hidden, then the topic which contains the
  scope of the group appears too.

  gnus-group-list-groups causes them to be re-hidden, but it is visually
  distracting (and didn't use to happen).

-IPmonger
--
IPmonger

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-01-29 17:03 UTC | newest]