* complete mail headers in gnus-user-format-function?
@ 2000-05-12 13:41 Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-12 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'd like to parse one of X- headers of the message in my
gnus-user-format-function-. I did find a way, but it is not correct I
think... I added the header to the extra-headers so it is then passed in
(mail-header-extra gnus-tmp-header). But this is not what I want... Is there a
way to do this?
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@inet.cz

* Re: complete mail headers in gnus-user-format-function?
@ 2000-05-12 17:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-12 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel.Janik@inet.cz (Pavel Janík ml.) writes:

> I added the header to the extra-headers so it is then passed in
> (mail-header-extra gnus-tmp-header). But this is not what I want...

I'm not sure what happens for all backends.  Hm.  But the nnml summary
is generated only from the info that's in the .overview file.  So you
have to add the header to nnmail-extra-headers.  I don't know how
backends without overview files deal with this.

Or am I mistaken?

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: complete mail headers in gnus-user-format-function?
@ 2000-08-13 16:56   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-13 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I added the header to the extra-headers so it is then passed in
> > (mail-header-extra gnus-tmp-header). But this is not what I want...
>
> I'm not sure what happens for all backends.  Hm.  But the nnml summary
> is generated only from the info that's in the .overview file.  So you
> have to add the header to nnmail-extra-headers.

Yup.

> I don't know how backends without overview files deal with this.

For the non-overview backends, you don't have to set
nnmail-extra-headers, but only the Gnus equivalent variable.