* Thread sort functions in pgnus
@ 1998-11-30  5:59 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1998-11-30  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

My apologies if this has been covered recently; I just read through some
400 articles but didn't do so exhaustively and a grep through
ding-list-recent doesn't reveal anything useful.

I like to have my main, unfiled inbox reverse sorted by date (so that new
articles show up at the top).  For all other groups I just sort by score.
It seems logical to use the group parameters for this, and before I moved
to pgnus, I had the following in the group parameters for nnml:inbox:

  (gnus-thread-sort-functions
    '((lambda (t1 t2) (gnus-thread-sort-by-date t2 t1))))

as is suggested by the relevant info pages.  This worked fine.  With pgnus
it gives me an 'Invalid sort spec' error from gnus-make-sort-function-1 in
gnus-util.el.  I've tried several other combinations (some involving 'not'
which seems to get special treatment) but have had no luck in getting this
to work.  All of my lisp ability seems to have evaporated from my brain...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

 - J<

* Re: Thread sort functions in pgnus
@ 1998-11-30 14:36 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-30 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu> writes:

> as is suggested by the relevant info pages.  This worked fine.  With pgnus
> it gives me an 'Invalid sort spec' error from gnus-make-sort-function-1 in
> gnus-util.el.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.57.