* 'gnus-clear-system' and modified buffers
@ 2001-05-05 11:02 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-05-05 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

If the user tries to quit Gnus when there are still some unsaved and
modified message buffers, Gnus asks him whether it should kill these
buffers.  If the user presses C-g to investigate the situation, Gnus
is left in an inconsistent state, which is bad.

I think Gnus should either save these buffers automatically when the
user quits Gnus, or ask the user whether to save them.

* Re: 'gnus-clear-system' and modified buffers
@ 2001-12-30 21:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If the user tries to quit Gnus when there are still some unsaved and
> modified message buffers, Gnus asks him whether it should kill these
> buffers.  If the user presses C-g to investigate the situation, Gnus
> is left in an inconsistent state, which is bad.
>
> I think Gnus should either save these buffers automatically when the
> user quits Gnus, or ask the user whether to save them.

I see two other options as well:

3) Run that part of `gnus-clear-system' earlier so that a `C-g'
   won't leave Gnus in an inconsistent state
4) Ignore all unsaved message buffers