* small change to gnus-score-save for NT
@ 1999-12-08  5:20 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-08  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

gnus-save-score calls nnheader-translate-file-chars with 't for the second
argument.  This is not cool for NT people because it ends up translating
"C:/foo.ADAPT" to "C_/foo.ADAPT" and causes no end of confusion for me.

My fix is to simply set the second argument to nil.  This tells gnus to
ignore everything but the filename which seems to be the best.  I have also
had to add the '? character to the nnheader-file-name-translation-alist as
NT really doesn't like it.  (This is in relation to slashdot, since the
group names have all sorts of funny characters and this gets translated to
ADAPT and SCORE file names.)

Maybe I should turn off adaption for all the slashdot groups anyway.  Is
there a "best" way to do that?  I have been using (Adapt ignore) in the
score files.  Could this go into a group/topic parameter instead?  (I have
gnus-score-adaptive turned on globally.)

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Life is selling REVOLUTIONARY HAIR PRODUCTS!

* Re: small change to gnus-score-save for NT
@ 2000-04-21 19:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <vinson@unagi.cis.upenn.edu> writes:

> gnus-save-score calls nnheader-translate-file-chars with 't for the second
> argument.  This is not cool for NT people because it ends up translating
> "C:/foo.ADAPT" to "C_/foo.ADAPT" and causes no end of confusion for me.
>
> My fix is to simply set the second argument to nil.  This tells gnus to
> ignore everything but the filename which seems to be the best.

I've lost track of how this was supposed to work.  Do these things
work ok on NT now, or are they still broken?