* How do I add several imap accounts on the same server?
@ 2017-01-15 14:45 joakim
From: joakim @ 2017-01-15 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I read several imap accounts with gnus already.

Now I would like to add another mail account from the same server, and I
realize I dont know how to do it.

Any hints apreciated.
--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se

* Re: How do I add several imap accounts on the same server?
@ 2017-01-15 22:27 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2017-01-15 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

joakim@verona.se writes:

> I read several imap accounts with gnus already.
>
> Now I would like to add another mail account from the same server, and I
> realize I dont know how to do it.

The first thing to realize is that the name of the nnimap server can be
independent of the hostname, and it is what is used to look up
login+password in authinfo.

So you can define your two accounts like this:

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "one-account"
                                         (nnimap-address "mailserver"))
                                        (nnimap "other-account"
                                         (nnimap-address "mailserver"))))

and then in your .authinfo.gpg, you'll have:

  machine one-account login firstlogin password firstpassword
  machine other-account login secondlogin password secondpassword

This should give you nnimap+one-account and nnimap+other-account in
Gnus, accessing the two accounts on the same server.

(Exact syntax untested.)

Hope this helps!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Do I really want to set this in Denmark?"                   Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: How do I add several imap accounts on the same server?
@ 2017-01-15 22:55   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2017-01-15 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> I read several imap accounts with gnus already.
>>
>> Now I would like to add another mail account from the same server, and I
>> realize I dont know how to do it.
>
> The first thing to realize is that the name of the nnimap server can be
> independent of the hostname, and it is what is used to look up
> login+password in authinfo.
>
> So you can define your two accounts like this:
>
>   (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "one-account"
>                                          (nnimap-address "mailserver"))
>                                         (nnimap "other-account"
>                                          (nnimap-address "mailserver"))))
>
> and then in your .authinfo.gpg, you'll have:
>
>   machine one-account login firstlogin password firstpassword
>   machine other-account login secondlogin password secondpassword
>
> This should give you nnimap+one-account and nnimap+other-account in
> Gnus, accessing the two accounts on the same server.
>
> (Exact syntax untested.)
>
> Hope this helps!

It did, thanks very much!

--