* anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
@ 2010-12-30  6:18 zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-12-30  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I really like ps-ccrypt.el & ccrypt.exe, as it works like a charm on Windows.

These days, I find gnus support encryption of .authinfo (.authinfo.gpg),
which means I can safely add password in the file.

So I add the following code to use .authinfo.cpt instead.
(setq nntp-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.cpt"
      nnimap-authinfo-file nntp-authinfo-file
      smtpmail-auth-credentials nntp-authinfo-file)

It works, but each time gnus tries to get new news every other interval,
it asks for decryption. This is of course very annoying. Can ps-ccrypt
cache the password of the file for a while or a session, or something?

Best regards,
zwz

* Re: anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
@ 2011-01-02  4:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-02  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> It works, but each time gnus tries to get new news every other interval,
> it asks for decryption. This is of course very annoying.

nntp.el hasn't been ported to the new credential storage system (because
the implementation isn't finished yet :-), but after that's done, this
should work automatically.

But for now, nntp.el doesn't really support storing passwords in an
encrypted .authinfo.

* Re: anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
@ 2011-01-02  8:54   ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2011-01-02  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It works, but each time gnus tries to get new news every other
> interval,
>> it asks for decryption. This is of course very annoying.
>
> nntp.el hasn't been ported to the new credential storage system (because
> the implementation isn't finished yet :-), but after that's done, this
> should work automatically.
>
> But for now, nntp.el doesn't really support storing passwords in an
> encrypted .authinfo.

I see. Thanks.

But when I just (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
                                      (nnimap "gmail"
                                       (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                       (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                       (nnimap-stream ssl)
                                       (nnimap-authinfo-file
                                      "~/.authinfo.cpt"))))

The nnimap-authfinfo-file is not read at all during the startup of gnus.
Instead, the minibuf prompts for the user name and then password.
And then asks if I want to save them in .authinfo.gpg.

Is there any error in my config of nnimap-authinfo-file?

* Re: anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-02  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> The nnimap-authfinfo-file is not read at all during the startup of gnus.

There is no such variable.

* Re: anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
@ 2011-01-03  4:48       ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2011-01-03  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The nnimap-authfinfo-file is not read at all during the startup of
> gnus.
>
> There is no such variable.

So there is no way to switch to .authinfo.cpt?

* Re: anyone tried ps-ccrypt and .authinfo.cpt?
@ 2011-01-03  4:51         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-03  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> So there is no way to switch to .authinfo.cpt?

See `auth-sources'.