* mail-sources, file not deleting spool.?
@ 2001-12-27  7:40 Kevin A. Burton
From: Kevin A. Burton @ 2001-12-27  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: mail-sources, file not deleting spool.?
@ 2001-12-28 23:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-28 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

burton@openprivacy.org (Kevin A. Burton) writes:

> This is what I am setting my mail sources to.
>
> (setq mail-sources
>       '((file :path "/var/spool/mail/burton")
>         (file :path "/home/burton/mailspool-burton@relativity.yi.org")
>         (file :path "/home/burton/mailspool-burton@openprivacy.org")))
>
> gnus correctly reads from the file but shouldn't they be 0 bytes in length or
> deleted?

Yes -- it's the responsibility of the "mover" to nix out the spool
file.  By default, Gnus uses the movemail program to move the spools
-- could there be permission problems there?  Try using movemail
manually and see whether it works.

> The variable mail-source-delete-incoming is non-nil (actually t) but this
> doesn't affect anything.  Reading the sources this only deletes
> mail-source-crash-box.

Well, almost.  It controls whether the Incomingxxx* files are
deleted.