* documentation bug? attachment features
@ 2000-06-07 14:47 Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2000-06-07 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.  Every time I want to find the gnus documentation or the gnus
features that have to do with attachment-handling, I have a lot of
trouble.  The reason is that the words "attach" and "attachment" are
not used in the gnus code or documentation.

Seeing as most folks use the word attachment, it seems like a great
idea to use the word "attachment" somewhere in the docs so that an
apropos search or some other search will hit something helpful.

The easiest way, which would be sufficient, would be to add a note to
the texinfo somewhere near the documentation for "gnus-mime-save-part"
so that, e.g., people doing a simple string search for "attach" on the
page at "http://www.gnus.org/manual/big-gnus.html" would hit something
helpful.

The note could just say that if you are looking for information on
attachments, you can look for documentation using these keywords ...

What do you think?

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: documentation bug? attachment features
@ 2000-08-13 18:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-13 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed L Cashin <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> writes:

> Seeing as most folks use the word attachment, it seems like a great
> idea to use the word "attachment" somewhere in the docs so that an
> apropos search or some other search will hit something helpful.

Yup.  Fix in Gnus v5.8.8.