* Re: problem with gnus-agent-batch-fetch
       [not found] <m3hfr1onx9.fsf@serpent.laymusic.>
@ 1999-04-17  5:39 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-17  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

lconrad@world.std.com writes:

> However, when I try to batch fetch the news from the command line I
> get:
>
> [gnus@serpent gnus]$ xemacs -batch -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus-agent-batch-fetch
> ^GSymbol's value as variable is void: user-login-name

I've grepped through the Gnus sources, and I can't seem to find
anywhere that that symbol is being used as a variable...

* problem with gnus-agent-batch-fetch
@ 1999-03-31 12:15 lconrad
From: lconrad @ 1999-03-31 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I now have reading news offline more or less working.  (Still don't
have posting working.)

However, when I try to batch fetch the news from the command line I
get:

[gnus@serpent gnus]$ xemacs -batch -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus-agent-batch-fetch
^GSymbol's value as variable is void: user-login-name
XEmacs exiting.
[gnus@serpent gnus]$

This happens whether or not I have a line in my .gnus.el file like:

(setq user-login-name "lconrad")

There is also a .authinfo file with the login name
and password for the news server.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097