* nnimap silently ignores invalid mailboxes
@ 2002-04-11  2:48 Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-04-11  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently we had problems with our mail system so that my spool file
was no longer a valid mbox file (it started with rom_ instead of
From_).

I use nnimap-split-fancy to split all incoming mail. Following the
corruption, I got no indication that INBOX was corrupted and mail just
kept piling up in there.  I got suspicious after seemingly not
receiving any email for a day!

I was hoping that there were some way that Gnus could warn me when
this situation occurred.  When I tried accessing the corrupted INBOX
with other IMAP clients (pine and Evolution), I was given clear
indication that something was wrong.

--
		     :: Nevin :: nevin@jhu.edu ::