* wide replies
@ 1999-12-02 21:38 Brian May
From: Brian May @ 1999-12-02 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Brian May

Hello All,

In my mailing lists, I usually define the group parameter "To
Address". This means I can use:

F - followup *only* to mailing list. I think most people tend to
prefer this.

S W - followup to everybody concerned. Used when the original sender
needs a copy (eg isn't subscribed to the list).

R - reply to original sender.

However, this does not work for mailing lists that have been gated to
newsgroups. F works. R works.  However, S W doesn't send a CC to the
mailing list :-(. I think this is because the gateway has stripped the
"to" and "cc" headers.

Is there anyway to automatically add the "to address" to wide replies,
if it hasn't already been specified?

I imagine this would help in another situation to: Where somebody
sends a Bcc: to the mailing list, but perhaps this doesn't happen
often enough to make it a concern.
--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>

* Re: wide replies
@ 2000-04-21 23:37 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au> writes:

> However, this does not work for mailing lists that have been gated to
> newsgroups. F works. R works.  However, S W doesn't send a CC to the
> mailing list :-(. I think this is because the gateway has stripped the
> "to" and "cc" headers.
>
> Is there anyway to automatically add the "to address" to wide replies,
> if it hasn't already been specified?

If you have a to address in a newsgroup, I would have thought that it
would be used when you did a widening of the reply.  Er.  Like the