* is it possible to `browse' an external file in mbox format?
@ 1998-10-16 20:38 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 1998-10-16 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i still prefer to use nnmbox as a backend for incoming mail. from time
to time, i archive big `mbox' files and start from a fresh mbox. i
simply remove old mbox from my home directory (or rename
it). fortunately, gnus seems to preserve article numbering in this
case.

i wonder: is it possible to `open' my old mboxes as if they were
normal mboxes in gnus? i.e. i'd like to access some articles in old
mboxes from gnus.

	Best regards, -- Vladimir.

* Re: is it possible to `browse' an external file in mbox format?
@ 1998-10-17 21:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-17 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vvv.vsu.ru> writes:

> i wonder: is it possible to `open' my old mboxes as if they were
> normal mboxes in gnus? i.e. i'd like to access some articles in old
> mboxes from gnus.

Well, `G f' creates an nndoc group out of the file, which may be
handy.  If not, you can define an alternate virtual nnmbox server that
points to the mbox, but this is probably overkill.